Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HMI I/O and other data file addressing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 pm 

I am new with iX developer 2.0 and relatively new also with PLCs, particularly with Allen Bradley Micologix. I have developed about 5 programs for stand alone PLCs automation control of pump groups and similar applications. We just purchased a T4A HMI and intend to use it in the projects I mentioned using Microlix 1100 and 1400 controllers.

In the exploration phase of using this HMI, for my new practice project, it has a switch to toggle an indicating lamp (both connected to Tag1) and it works in the development PC. I have walked through the getting started and reference manual that were downloaded from te Beijer Electronics website but hdve not come across how to configure the I/O files of the PLC and relate it with the HMI file addresses in the development PC.

If an analog input (I:0.4) is used in the controller, how can I configure the corresponding HMI address file in the development PC to be tagged in a circular or a linear meter object?

Anybody's assistance is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Post subject: Re: HMI I/O and other data file addressing
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 am 

This forum post will tell you where to find the documentation for a particular controller. The documentation tells you how to address a particular address on a PLC.

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer